Laura A. Evans, Esq.
Laura A. Evans focuses her practice exclusively in family law. She is passionate about helping her clients navigate through the emotional process of divorce. She has extensive experience in all family law related matters such as spousal support, child support, custody and visitation, equitable distribution and adoption. Ms. Evans also practices collaborative divorce, which is an exciting alternative dispute resolution.
Before becoming a partner at Evans Oliver, PLC, Ms. Evans owned her own practice, Laura A. Evans, PLC in 2012. Her previous experience also includes being an Associate Attorney with the law firms of Dawn Wine Ruple, P.C. and Laura A. Thornton, PLC from 2007 to 2012. Ms. Evans has always focused her area of practice on family law. Upon her graduation from law school, she was Law Clerk for the Rockingham County Circuit Court from 2006 to 2007 under the Honorable John J. McGrath, Jr. and the Honorable James V. Lane.
Ms. Evans graduated from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio in 2006 with her Juris Doctorate. While in law school, she was an active member of the Student Bar Association. Ms. Evans attended Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, where she graduated cum laude, receiving her Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems. Ms. Evans currently resides in the City of Harrisonburg with her husband and her daughters.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Virginia, 2006
- Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 2006
- Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- B.A. cum laude - 2003
- Major: Business Administration
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Virginia Business Magazine Legal Elite for Family Law/Domestic Relations, 2013 & 2015
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association, 2006 - Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Family Law Section, 2008 - Present
- Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section, 2007 - Present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, 2013 - Present
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals, 2013 - Present
- Collaborative Professionals of the Shenandoah Valley, 2013 - Present
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Laura A. Evans, PLC, Owner, 2012 - 2013
- Dawn Wine Ruple P.C. & Laura A. Thornton, PLC, Associate, 2007 - 2012
- Rockingham County Circuit Court, Law Clerk, 2006 - 2007
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- The Collins Center - Secretary, 2009 - 2011
- The Collins Center - Board Member, 2008 - Present
- The Arc of Harrisonburg Rockingham County, President, 2013 - 2015
- The Arc of Harrisonburg Rockingham County - Vice President , 2012 - 2013
- The Arc of Harrisonburg Rockingham County - Board Member, 2008 - 2015